If you experience some difficulties with finding the most appropriate topic for your problem solution essay, you are in the right place! Here we share our insights on how to find the best-matching topic for your problem and solution essay and offer you a free list of problem solution topics to inspire you with great ideas for writing. But before we proceed to the list, let’s find out what a problem solution essay is.
This type of essay aims to explain a particular issue, its importance, and possible solutions. Students are allowed to share personal experience about the issue to reinforce its importance. The main goal of the writer is to persuade the reader about the importance of the problem and present reasons why it should be solved. Tutors usually require at least three solutions. In conclusion, the writer should mention what solution is best for this particular case and how life for particular people or society will change after its implementation.
How to Choose the Best Problem and Solution Essay Topics
To write a powerful problem solution essay you will need to find a good topic. Before you start, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you experienced some problems for the last time?
- Have you mentioned some urgent issues in the news?
- Have you seen any social or other problems on your way to college? If you think that something can be done better, bear these ideas in your mind!
If you have nothing to answer, the following points can help you more.
First, think about general problems that bother you from time to time and irritate you. Try to divide those problems into several groups. This can be college, student problems, a hobby, the educational system, traffic, sports, relationships, home, a town, etc.
Use brainstorming techniques like mind maps, brain writing, gap filling, etc. These methods are powerful for discovering topics and coming up with the most effective ideas.
Secondly, think about problems that may affect your parents, classmates, and citizens of your city or town. Put yourself into their shoes to feel problems they may encounter every day. Look through news and find out the most current issues that need to be solved. The most popular problems are connected with local, national, and international issues.
Thirdly, make sure that the topic you choose is urgent and solvable. It will be a plus if you are connected with the topic, whether you are currently experiencing this problem (your family or friends) or have overcome this problem. Share your experience and your own position about the problem.
Finally, select the strongest and the most interesting topics. When you will have a list of ideas at hand, you can go deeper into the matter of the issue and think about possible solutions. Pay attention so that your essay shares some elements of persuasive and cause and effect essays. The aim of your essay will be to convince the reader in the best possible solution to the stated problem.
For your convenience, our team has created a list of the best topics for a problem solution essay. Let’s check them out!
Environmental Problem Solution Essay Topics
- How can we stop water pollution?
- How can we improve processing of industrial waste?
- How can society reduce natural resource depletion?
- How can we avoid acid rains?
- How can we improve the ecological environment and reduce health risk?
- How can legislation be changed to stop climate change?
- How can governments of countries influence global warming?
- What is the best way to control waste disposal?
- What is the best way to stop forest fires?
- What is the best solution to lessen the dependence of countries from gas?
Problem Solution Essay Topics for College
- How can governments lower suicide rates?
- How can people contribute to fighting corruption?
- How can community-based policy help to stop crime?
- How can governments increase the number of adoptions?
- How can abortion rates be decreased?
- What is the best way to allow LGTB couples to adopt children?
- How can governments support birth control?
- What is the best way to create safe spaces in colleges and universities?
- How can the circadian clock improve students’ effectiveness?
- How can tuition fees reduce the number of dropouts at colleges and universities?
Easy Problem Solution Essay Topics
- What can be done to prevent mass immigration?
- How can space exploration help overpopulation?
- How can meditation and other mental practices help to overcome depression?
- How can people detect toxic relations and avoid them?
- How can the problem of abandoned houses and cities be solved?
- What are the best decisions to stop teenage pregnancy?
- What is the best solution to improve the health of the citizens in your town/city?
- How can technologies help reduce accident rates?
- What is the best solution to overcome starvation worldwide?
- How can governments stop deforestation?
Problem Solution Essay Topics for High School
- How can you help your friend/classmate who is bullied at school?
- How to become a better friend?
- How to eat healthy food at school?
- How can students help parents that experience financial problems?
- How can the pressure of taking drugs be avoided?
- How can a teacher (math/biology/your choice) make his or her lessons more interesting?
- What can be done to convince peers to drive safely?
- How can students improve their graduation rates?
- How can genetic engineering improve human health?
- How can you fight a racist in your school?
Problem and Solution Topics on Sports
- How can the sports industry involve millennials in sports?
- How can a sports organization create a highly ethical culture?
- What is the best decision to reduce violence in sports?
- What can be done to motivate college/university athletes?
- How can doping be avoided in sports?
- What is the best solution to sponsor the best school and college athletes?
- How can we increase the popularity of female sports?
- What is the best solution for retired athletes?
- How can corruption in sports be stopped?
- How can sports help reduce cases of sexual assault and domestic violence?
Good Problem Solution Essay Topics on Social Issues
- What are the best ways to solve unemployment?
- What can be done to increase the educational level in all countries?
- How can old traditions that cause harm to women be reduced?
- How can workplace productivity be increased?
- How can psychosis be detected and avoided?
- How can gun violence be stopped?
- What is the best way to solve the homelessness problem?
- What can be done to make the prison system more efficient?
- How can we stop third-world poverty?
- What are the most appropriate ways to improve existing healthcare systems?
Topics for Problem Solution Essay on Health
- How can we motivate children and adults to eat healthy food?
- What is the best way to teach children at school to stay healthy?
- How can we reduce obesity rates?
- How can we increase public awareness about first-aid?
- How can we motivate people to drop smoking/alcohol/drugs?
- What can be done to make the healthcare system available to everyone?
- What is the best way to cure sleep deprivation?
- How can harm to patients be avoided?
- How can we prevent mental health diseases?
- What can be done to improve access of healthcare?
As soon as you will decide on the topic for your problem solution essay, don’t hesitate to start writing! If you feel a lack of creativity or doubt your writing skills, you can always ask our writers for help. Our service is available day and night, seven days a week. Leave the order right now and receive a professionally written paper on time.