A proposal essay offers an idea and provides evidence that should convince the reader why the idea is good or bad. Proposals are usually used in economics and business fields, but they are not limited by them. Proposal essays can be written for subjects and by students of different academic levels. You should keep in mind that you will do a great deal of work even before you start writing the essay.
Before you begin writing, you need to spend some time on several stages.
- You should know your audience. A proposal essay is your chance to convince the readers that your idea is worth their attention. To do this, you need to know your audience. If your audience, for example, is business people, then you need to indicate financial benefits in the essay.
- Do research. If you have sources that can support your ideas, it will be helpful for convincing your readers. Spend some time on learning the works of other researchers.
- Before you start writing, spend some time on brainstorming the most interesting ideas for your essay. When you have a lot of ideas, think about how you want to organize them.
- Proofread and edit your work. Don’t hand in the first draft. Ask someone to read your essay through. After you get comments on your essay, rewrite what should be rewritten.
How to Choose a Proposal Essay Topic
There are a lot of different proposal essay topics, so your essays may differ according to the topic you choose. There are some pieces of advice that can help you to choose the right topic and narrow it down. If you are writing a proposal essay, it will be a great advantage to choose a topic that is interesting to you.
If you have a passion, you can choose a topic related to it. A topic that is interesting to you will make your proposal essay interesting to your readers. Don’t choose a mundane topic like how to clean windows or others of that nature. Choose topics that can influence someone. For example, you can choose a topic such as how to prevent homelessness. This topic will be more interesting than one about cleaning windows.
As we have said before, you will do lots of research to write your proposal essay correctly, so it is better to choose a topic that is known to you somehow. It is better to choose a topic that can have both supporting and dissenting research. Then you can select what side to take while writing. Write about something that contains only your opinion without facts. In order to choose the best idea, check out our proposal essay topics list.
Proposal Essay Topics in Health Care
- Drunk driving and alcoholism.
- Why should cigarettes be banned?
- GMO Testing.
- What can be done to promote better health for the American population?
- Diet and exercise.
- A solution for negative sentiments on marijuana for recreational use.
- Should it be made mandatory that couples adopt instead of giving birth to babies from test tubes?
- Are cloned tissue transplants considered ethical?
- What should a person who is allergic to electromagnetic fields do?
- Should antidepressants be banned?
Proposal Argument Essay Topics in Sociology
- Black communities undergoing racial othering, prejudice, discrimination, and categorization.
- How should universities be free for everyone?
- How can a city promote the use of public transportation?
- What can be done to improve the college graduation rate?
- Police abuse.
- How can homelessness be prevented?
- Lowering unemployment.
- The US conflict with ISIS, Iran, Russia, etc.
- What is the main problem of immigration?
- How can students be prevented from dropping out of school at an early age?
Topics for Proposal Essay in Economics
- How can the United States lessen its dependence on fossil fuels?
- Budget shortfalls in Oregon.
- Oregon sales tax.
- Why do we need to use Google Wallet instead of other classic payments (cash or card)?
- How can a balance of supply and demand be made?
- How can the balance between the need to buy a product against its price be reconciled?
- How are inputs transformed into outputs according to the theory of production?
- Production costs.
- How does the existence of a single dominant supplier for a commodity affect the marketplace?
- Seasonal fluctuations affecting the economy.
Proposal Essay Topics for College Students’ Lifestyle
- College textbooks and credit card laws.
- How can studying at home be made effective?
- How can we make schools more successful?
- How can students find rest during the studying semester?
- How can we learn from books?
- How can people avoid getting emotional blocks?
- How can we become more tolerant of others?
- How can our clothes be made to reflect individuality?
- How can you make society accept you?
- How can a school be made a safer place?
Proposal Essay Topics With Solutions in Education
- How can the newest trends in psychology be used to improve class performance?
- How can students and teachers make the educational process more effective?
- How can sexual education be conducted without making students uncomfortable?
- How can students benefit from a course they don’t like?
- How can students’ performance improve by returning to same-sex classes?
- How can the negative aspects of life be discussed with small kids?
- How can students’ self-esteem be raised?
- How can students’ physical activity be estimated at school?
- How can students be taught about their health?
- How can students be protected from procrastination?
Topics for Proposal Essay About Internet and Mass Media
- Can information we get from the web be controlled?
- How can children be banned from watching TV shows?
- How can we teach children to use the internet safely?
- How can the internet be censored in other countries?
- Can students’ productivity be improved via social media?
- Can communication between a student an a teacher in social media be considered ethical?
- How can the truth be seen in online news?
- How should people respond to cyberbullying?
- How can cyber crimes be prevented?
- How can we make using the internet safer?
Good Proposal Essay Topics in Business
- How can someone become a good customer?
- How can employees be rewarded apart from salary?
- How can a corporate ethical policy be implemented?
- How can a company mission be set successfully?
- How can the problem of resistance to change at the workplace be solved?
- How can you find a job if you are an inexperienced worker?
- How can corporate policies which are acceptable to students be influenced?
- How can the corporate responsibility of a firm or company be improved?
- How can small businesses prevent economic problems?
- How can an applicant get hired into a foreign company?
Other Interesting Proposal Essay Topics
- How can a person in depression be helped?
- How can domineering people be dealt with?
- How can a person who always makes bad decisions be helped?
- What is the best way to end bad relationships?
- How can you show a person you are interested in him/her?
- How can we prevent racism in society?
- How can we learn to understand people who are different from us?
- How can homeless people be helped?
- What can be done to prevent students from dropping out of schools?
- How can teen pregnancy be prevented?
We hope you made the most out of our examples of proposal essay topics. If you have chosen the topic, but don’t know how to write a proposal essay, you can sink your teeth into our blog and find guides and samples that can help you. If you want to get a well-structured essay, the easiest way to achieve that is to place an order on our site.